This page does not have a description.
Recipes in Season (0)
All Recipes (0)
Back to Listings
Click here to go back to the recipe listings
Alton Brown's Gyro Meat
Source: http://www.food.com/recipe/alton-browns-gyro-meat-recipe-344915 (Entered by Kasi Haire)
This is a great use for Tavalin Tail’s ground lamb!
Serves: 6-8 servings
1 Med onion, shredded
2 lbs ground lamb
1 tbsp finely minced garlic
1 tbsp dried marjoram
1 tbsp dried ground rosemary
2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
Step by Step Instructions
- Process the onion in a food processor for 10 to 15 seconds and turn out into the center of a tea towel.
- Gather up the ends of the towel and squeeze until almost all of the juice is removed. Discard juice.
- Return the onion to the food processor and add the lamb (and beef if using), garlic, marjoram, rosemary, salt, and pepper and process until it is a fine paste, approximately 1 minute. Stop the processor as needed to scrape down sides of bowl.
- TO COOK IN OVEN as a meatloaf, proceed as follows: Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- Place the mixture into a loaf pan, making sure to press into the sides of the pan.
- Place the loaf pan into a water bath and bake for 60 to 75 minutes or until the mixture reaches 165 to 170 degrees F.
- Place the loaf pan on a cooling rack and place a brick wrapped in aluminum foil directly on the surface of the meat and allow to sit for 15 to 20 minutes, until the internal temperature reaches 175 degrees F.
- Slice and serve on pita bread with tzatziki sauce, chopped onion, tomatoes and feta cheese.
Comments added by fellow market members.