This page does not have a description.
Back to Listings
Click here to go back to the recipe listings
Anna’s False Apple/Zucchini Pie
Source: Anna Evans (Entered by Anna Evans)
Fool your enemies, and amaze your friends!!!
Use Large overgrown zucchini* peeled, and sliced into quarters lengthwise , remove seeds and slice to resemble sliced apples. Makes a pie that tastes just like an apple pie, same consistency etc. Use of apple pie spices are what makes the difference.
- Read this as HUGE, the zukes that have hidden on the plant until they look like a baseball bat! You would never think of using this big squash for anything, THIS is the one you want, trust me. ], The bigger, thicker, darker green and firmer they are the better for making this pie!;-)
Serves: One 9 inch deep dish pie
Step by Step Instructions
- 4 cups zucchini, cooked till barely fork tender and well drained
- Toss together; zucchini, 2 T lemon juice, Dash salt, Set aside.
- Stir together: 1 ¼ cups sugar, 1 ½ tsp of cinnamon, 1 ½ tsp cream of tartar, Dash of nutmeg, 3 Tbsp. plain flour.
- Add zucchini to the dry mix and mix well, it will be runny.
- Pour into a 9 inch unbaked crust and dot with butter Top with another crust , bake 400 for 40 minutes.
- May need to shield the edges of the crust with thin strips of aluminum foil as they tend to overbrown. ENJOY! Anna Evans
Comments added by fellow market members.
Has anybody made this pie? I generally dislike when people post a comment before they make something, but I hope to remember to leave a zuke on the vine too long next year so I can try this out!! :)