This page does not have a description.
Recipes in Season (0)
All Recipes (0)
Back to Listings
Click here to go back to the recipe listings
Apple Cider-Glazed Turnips
Source: Whole Foods (Entered by James Bouchard)
Apple cider’s sweetness is a perfect foil for turnip’s earthy character. Serve these alongside roasted chicken, pork, or lamb.
3 Table Spoon Butter
2 lbs Turnips, peeled and cut into sticks
2/3 cup Apple Cider
3 Table Spoon Brown Sugar
1 pinch Sea Salt
1 pinch Fresh Ground Black Pepper
2 Table Spoon Chopped Fresh Parsley
Step by Step Instructions
- Preheat over to 400F. Grease a 9x13 inch baking dish with 1 tablespoon butter.
- Arrange turnips in dish in a single layer
- Combine remaining 2 tablespoons butter, cider, sugar, salt and pepper in a small pot and cook over medium heat until melted and well combined. Pour this mixture over turnips.
- Cover dish with foil and bake for 20 minutes. Stir turnips and continue to bake, uncovered, stirring occasionally, until fork tender and liquid has reduced, 20-30 minutes more.
- Sprinkle with parsley and serve.
Comments added by fellow market members.