This page does not have a description.
Recipes in Season (0)
All Recipes (0)
Back to Listings
Click here to go back to the recipe listings
"Copper Penny" Carrots
Source: Sandy Run Ruritans (Entered by Liz McCullar)
This is a favorite recipe shared with the Sandy Run Ruritan Club. Always very popular and a great way to eat your carrots!
Serves: Serves 6
3/4 cup apple cider
1/2 cup vegetable oil or canola oil
1 cup granulated sugar
1 tablespoon prepared mustard
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1 10 oz. can tomato soup
salt and pepper to taste
2 lbs. carrots
1 small green bell pepper
1 medium onion
Step by Step Instructions
- Combine first seven ingredients in a sauce pan and heat,(marinade)stirring until well blended; set aside to cool.
- Peel and slice carrots about 1/4 inch thick slices. Boil carrots in medium saucepan until tender, but not soft! Drain weel.
- Slice bell pepper and onion into rings or thin strips.
- Use a large glass jar with lid or a glass bowl. Alternate layers of carrot slices, bell pepper, and onion.
- Pour marinade over vegetables, cover bowl tight with saran wrap or put lid on jar and refrigerate. Stores well for up to 1 week. Stir weel before serving.
Comments added by fellow market members.