These recipes were entered by customers, growers, and market managers at the many locallygrown.net markets. Account-holders at those markets can see what recipes are in season, buy ingredients from their local growers while looking at the recipe itself, add comments and photographs, mark favorites, and more. Buying and cooking with locally grown food has never been easier!
Apple Cider-Glazed Turnips
From Lawrenceville, GA
<p>Apple cider’s sweetness is a perfect foil for turnip’s earthy character. Serve these alongside roasted chicken, pork, or lamb.</p>Source: Whole Foods (Entered by James Bouchard)
3 Table Spoon Butter
2 lbs Turnips, peeled and cut into sticks
2/3 cup Apple Cider
3 Table Spoon Brown Sugar
1 pinch Sea Salt
1 pinch Fresh Ground Black Pepper
2 Table Spoon Chopped Fresh Parsley
Step by Step Instructions
- Preheat over to 400F. Grease a 9x13 inch baking dish with 1 tablespoon butter.
- Arrange turnips in dish in a single layer
- Combine remaining 2 tablespoons butter, cider, sugar, salt and pepper in a small pot and cook over medium heat until melted and well combined. Pour this mixture over turnips.
- Cover dish with foil and bake for 20 minutes. Stir turnips and continue to bake, uncovered, stirring occasionally, until fork tender and liquid has reduced, 20-30 minutes more.
- Sprinkle with parsley and serve.
Back to Recipe Listings
Click here to go back to the recipe listings