This page does not have a description.
Recipes in Season (0)
All Recipes (0)
Back to Listings
Click here to go back to the recipe listings
Aromatic Roasted Root Veggies
Source: Anna Shalray - Holistic Health Coach (Entered by Kasi Haire)
A great way to use those winter root vegetables.
Serves: 4-6 servings
1/2 lb fingerling potatoes, chopped
3 carrots, peeled and chopped
2 parsnips, peeled and chopped
2 turnips, peeled and chopped
2 red onions, cut into petals
1 head garlic, peeled
2 tbsp thyme
2 tsp rosemary
3 tbsp olive oil
salt and pepper to taste
Step by Step Instructions
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Place potatoes, carrots, parsnips, turnips, and red onions in a large bowl and toss together.
- With the side of a knife, gently smash each clove of garlic and add it to the bowl of vegetables.
- Add the herbs and olive oil to the vegetables and generously season with salt and pepper.
- Pour the seasoned vegetables onto a large roasting pan and spread in a single layer.
- Roast vegetables in the oven for 30 to 40 minutes or until golden brown. (Gently stirring the vegetables halfway through the cooking time) Serve.
Comments added by fellow market members.